Brigham and Women’s Hospital is committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Our service will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe care, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, visitors, support persons and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
The Safe Care Operations Coordinator is responsible for the efficient flow of the operational aspects of Safe Care for Brigham and Women’s Hospital. This position will oversee day-to-day functions of work flow, scheduling, onboarding and training, problem solving and improving operational efficiencies while ensuring his/her team is providing a high level of service to our patients and colleagues.
• Responsible for creating/maintaining/posting weekly employee schedules and ensuring coverage is maintained during sick calls, vacations and holidays. Must retain accurate records of BT and other time off.
• Ensure efficiency and productivity with respect to the Safe Care team
• Allocate staff and monitors daily activity; assigns specific individuals to necessary tasks and sets priorities.
• Authorize and monitor vacation requests, changes in work or lunch schedules, arranging for coverage as necessary.
• Assure appropriate staffing levels to meet all needs. Assist with or provides coverage when staffing levels are not sufficient.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to assist in covering different shifts for vacations and/or open shifts as needed.
• Monitor workflow of SCAs and adjust resources as necessary to meet changing needs at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the department.
• As payroll timekeeper, maintain and approve the electronic (KRONOS) payroll system. Utilizing the data from the KRONOS system, he/she will analyze data and run reports to detect trends on Time and Attendance issues relating to staff. All timekeeping actions must be done with the highest level of integrity, in accordance to BWH policies and procedures and MA state laws.
• Assist in training team on proper timekeeping standards. In partnership with Manager, coach the team on infractions such as missed punches, unauthorized over time etc.
• Ensure PeopleSoft transactions are done timely and accurately.
• Assist the Safe Care Manager in interviewing, selecting, training and onboarding Safe Care Associates.
• Train team and coach them on adherence to our Mask, Hygiene, Heart and Six Feet Apart campaign as well as our I CARE Standards.
• Ensure all employees are compliant with all mandatory HealthStream trainings and applicable vaccinations, such as our flu policy.
• Advise staff on internal policies and procedures, and act in partnership with the Safe Care Manager. Assist Manager in staff self-development.
• In partnership with the Safe Care Manager, motivate staff to ensure goals and objectives are met.
• Conduct regular assessments of department efficiencies to ensure optimal delivery of service and highest degree of patient and staff satisfaction.
• Serve as a supply resource for the Safe Care team. Must monitor inventory regularly and ensure the SCAs have what they need to be effective. Must communicate supply shortfalls to Manager.
• Exhibits diplomacy and communicates with others in a manner that demonstrates respect, professionalism and a commitment to the team.
• Follows Hospital, Joint Commission and Department of Public Health guidelines and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a healthcare environment preferred. Experience managing diverse teams, strongly preferred
• Knowledge of business environments, sales and/or customer service experience
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work professionally.
• Ability to identify, utilize, and leverage resources to accomplish safe care standards.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a large diverse team
• Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Epic
• Excellent organizational, analytical, time-management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must understand and function effectively in a fast-paced challenging environment and communicate well.
• Ability to provide clear direction, organize, inspire and motivate staff to foster strong productivity.
• Ability to travel between locations as needed
• Must practice, support and enforce our Safe Care Commitment
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.