2021 Summer Intern – Asset Management/ Investments Team
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed until at least mid-September 2021. Our 2021 internship program will be fully virtual.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The primary responsibility of the intern will be to assist in the data collection and analysis of the credit investment portfolio in the Brighthouse Financial’s $100 Billion General Account. This includes aiding the team in the data collection and running of portfolio analysis reports and attending manager calls. Finally, the individual will work closely with other members of Brighthouse’s Investment division in analyzing various reports, help in performance measurement and attribution and handle various ad hoc projects. The intern will also assist the team in the valuation of credit sectors and recommendations for asset allocation.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
• Aid in the running and improvement of portfolio analysis reports and Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation models
• Participate in the assessment of credit investment strategies and quarterly evaluations of managers and sectors
• Assist in ongoing manager oversight
• Monitor and assist in performance attribution for the evaluation of managers.
• Help work with Aladdin team to improve day to day portfolio monitoring platform including but not limited to identify some underlying data issues and work with Aladdin/managers to find and implement solutions.
• Attend and provide review of regular manager meetings and calls for senior management
- Juniors or Seniors pursuing degree in economics, mathematics or finance preferred
- Strong understanding of finance and economics
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Excel and Word and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people
- Demonstrated team player
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and proven ability to meet stringent time constraints
- Knowledge and interest in current events/trends impacting industry and markets