2021 Summer Intern – Investor Relations and Financial Planning & Analysis Intern
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
This intern will join the Investor Relations & FP&A team which is responsible for developing external messaging, communicating with the Street, managing the company’s expenses, creating financial plans, creating presentations for Board of Directors meetings, and partnering with Distribution to develop sales plans.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing for the quarterly earnings call
- Analyzing monthly corporate expenses
- Assist with the development of the expense budget
- Assisting in Managing distribution finance and developing sales plans.
- Sophomore or Junior pursuing a degree in Finance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Executive prescence
- Intellectual curiousity and willingness to be coached
- Detail oriented and analytical