2021 Summer Intern – Marketing – Market Research
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Marketing organization develops marketing campaigns and tactics to drive brand and product awareness with our dual audiences of advisors and consumers. We also support our sales force in their goals of supporting financial advisors through consistent user experience and best-in-class service.
As a Marketing Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to engage across functions inside and outside of Marketing and gain valuable insights into core business functions. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of meaningful project(s) that support the organization through value-added insights, research, and/or analytics, culminating with presenting your findings at the completion of the internship to key stakeholders.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Ownership of learning objectives, research projects, and dissemination of relevant insights
- Develop collaborative relationships throughout the enterprise
We recruit candidates who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree, preferably focused on marketing, communications, analytics, technology, experience design, sales and general business – but also value students who embrace a diversity of interests and experiences. We will consider all applicants but are particularly interested in current sophomores and juniors. Preferred qualifications include:
- A consistent track record of strong academic performance
- Detail-orientation; approach tasks in a highly organized manner
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing and negotiation
- Initiative, positive attitude, and a willingness to help others
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel