Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
As part of the Actuarial Development Program, the Actuarial Assistant will be a key member of the Life Modeling team. The Life Modeling team is responsible for developing and testing Prophet models for new and current life products. This position will focus on the Prophet model maintenance and development on the IUL model and will have the opportunity to work on the Non-Trad model as well.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed until at least September, 2021. When our offices reopen, the individual hired for this role will be based in our Charlotte, NC office.
- Prophet modeling for life products. Involvement encompasses creating and building, updating, enhancing, running, and validating the models.
- Analysis of model results, including: reconciliation and attribution of changes, communication of results to valuation team and management, and detailed documentation
- Implement and test new software releases, library updates, new products, new regulatory requirements, and shared table changes in the Prophet environment
- Optimize models to follow coding standards and improve performance
- Stage model inputs using Data Conversion Systems (DCS) and Assumption Manager
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science
• Completion 2 actuarial exams for the Society of Actuaries preferred
• Strong actuarial, analytical, and financial skills
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others in a team environment
• Can adjust work resources and deadlines in response to changing business priorities
What you’ll gain from the Brighthouse Actuarial Development Program:
• Experience with a FORTUNE® 500 company that’s one of the largest annuity and life insurance providers in the U.S.
• Study materials, study time, and exam fees paid for by Brighthouse Financial
• Direct exposure to leaders, mentors, and learning opportunities
• 24-month rotational work assignments to promote career growth
• Automatic salary increases with each passed exam
- Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, annual incentive plan, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability