At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The BMS ADP Internship is a summer 2022 paid internship program (roughly a 10 to 12 week program) where rising seniors (i.e. a college junior on track to graduate after one more year of college) seeking a bachelor’s degree in accounting can gain significant invaluable internship work experience in the BMS Global Finance community. ADP Interns are provided they opportunity to work in one of the following BMS Finance departments in central New Jersey:
- Consolidations & Financial Reporting (“CFR”)
- Technical Accounting & Policy
- US Pharmaceuticals (“USP”) Finance
- R&D Finance
- Global Product Development and Supply (“GPS”) Finance
- Business Controls Function (“BCF”)
- Corporate Tax
- Treasury Department
ADP Interns will report to the ADP Program Executive Director throughout their summer internship program. ADP Accountants will also receive coaching from Mentors within the BMS Global Finance Community.
Upon successful completion of the ADP summer internship program, qualified ADP Interns will return to college to complete their education and receive their degree in accounting. Successful ADP interns who are then interested in a full time ADP position to begin upon graduation, will be given consideration during the interview, evaluation and selection process for our annual pool of ADP full time positions.
- Opportunity to work in a team environment and matrix organization to grow communication and interaction skills
- One – on – one coaching and guidance provided by ADP Program Executive Director as well as mentors
- Ability to continually grow accounting skills through analyzing, assessing and concluding upon accounting issues
- Opportunity to learn various accounting and budgeting systems like SAP and Hyperion.
- Development of analytical skills through review of income statement and cash flow projections as compared to actual financial results
- Development of US GAAP technical accounting skills through on the job training delivered by the BMS Technical Accounting Network (TAN)
- Ability to work in BMS business units to gain operational experience outside of a traditional corporate finance role
- Opportunity for networking and relationship building throughout the ADP internship program
- Participate in BMS employee social and philanthropic activities like Town Hall Events, Community Service Events, etc.,
Qualifications & Experience
- Rising seniors (i.e. a college junior on track to graduate after one more year of college), seeking a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution with a strong GPA.
- A US citizen or permanent US resident
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analytics
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and its application
- Confident and clear communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both independently and while collaborating with small team(s)
- Demonstrated ability to swiftly grasp new and complex business concepts
- Strong skills in Microsoft EXCEL, POWERPOINT and WORD
- Possess the desire and motivation to become a CPA
- Possess interest in achieving a career path in Accounting / Finance at BMS
- Possess cohesive writing skills
- Ability to multi-task appropriately and adequately manage their time on a daily basis for both shorter term and longer term tasks assigned
- Leadership potential and a commitment to integrity and professionalism.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.