At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Leads execution of program/project plans for the Global Pharmaceutical Development & Supply (GPS) Business Continuity program/projects. Assignments may include program management for crisis response, preparation and follow up activities. Lead and direct cross-functional, multi-site teams and work streams, ensuring comprehensive planning and optimal execution of activities. Ensure interactions and timely collaboration with manufacturing site leads and key stakeholders from supporting functions. Proactively identify and facilitate risks, mitigations, resolution and escalation of issues, tracking and communicating status to stakeholders, including leadership team. Managing program/projects and teams with passion, innovation, speed and accountability.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is the industry leader in immuno-oncology with life-saving medicines and a rich clinical portfolio of diverse modalities including monoclonal antibody, antibody drug conjugate, fusion protein, and combination regimes. The candidate will have the opportunity to actively partner with various biologics development groups across sites in New Jersey. Roles may be virtual or in-person dependent upon COVID restrictions.
Lead execution of integrated, complex plans and teams for strategic GPS programs & projects, and other critical initiatives as defined by BCM management. Programs/Projects may include, but are not limited to, business continuity, major change management, Quality & Compliance, Operations, Product Development, Communications and Supply Chain.
- Leads program/project activities including kickoff meetings, recurring status meetings, executive sponsor meetings, reporting, risk tracking, steering committee meetings, and conflict resolution.
- Develops and drives detailed plans, identifying critical path and timing while meeting strategic intent and achieving key milestones.
- Manage resources to attain program/project deliverables and coordinate project communication for all stakeholders. Provide program-level leadership and direction to project managers when applicable. Escalating resource constraints to senior leadership when appropriate.
- Ensure problem solving and decision making addressing major risks and issues by identifying, documenting, resolving, communicating or escalating to senior leadership when appropriate.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Drive consistency in project management tools and templates in line with PMO best practices.
- Plan/Execute change management strategy and plan.
- Influence key stakeholders, develop project communications strategy, approach and plan.
- Proactively drive scenario analyses to manage potential impact on plans and timelines, and recommend strategic direction to management.
- Foster diverse/inclusive high performance teams and maintain strong relationships with operational and functional leadership.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. in Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmacy, science or technical discipline, advanced degree preferred.
- Dual degrees in Finance/Accounting or MBA track desirable.
- PMP certification highly desirable.
- Understanding of cGMPs and regulatory CMC.
- 2-5 years business experience, 1 years in BioPharma operational or development discipline, including demonstrated experience managing projects.
- Experience in project/program management of complex projects involving cross-functional, multi-site, international teams.
- Experience with manufacturing sites and staff.
- Proficiency with project management and Microsoft tools, e.g. Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Ability to achieve results and exercise influence across a global matrix organization (e.g., operations, manufacturing technology, quality, supply chain, finance, R&D).
- Ability to work independently with high level of accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and have the ability to deal effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills, data management and governance, well organized and capable of managing multiple projects with respect to priorities.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.