See job description below
Click the link to apply
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking a co-op to join the Cancer Drug Discovery team at our new state-of-the art facility in Cambridge, MA. Our group leads a variety of drug discovery programs, targeting both cancer-intrinsic and immune-oncology oriented mechanisms. The candidate will be immersed in a working group that include biology, translational research, in vivo pharmacology, structural biology and scientists from other disciplines.
This program will focus on the mechanistic study of a preclinical compound in the context of immuno-oncology. The candidate will aid the development of novel immunological and biochemical assays, participate in cross-functional team discussion and learn key concepts in study design and decision making. At project completion, the candidate will present results and conclusions to a broad audience.
• Design and execute functional assays for T cell activation, proliferation and cytotoxicity
• Develop biochemical assays for signaling, protein translocation and degradation
• Familiarize with in vivo cancer models and ex vivo immune assays
• Support efforts in new target identification and validation
Qualifications & Experience
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry or related majors
• Experience a laboratory setting with good pipetting skill and cell culture skill is required
• Basic skills in data analysis and data interpretation is required
• Completed course work in immunology, cell biology and/or molecular biology is preferred
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click the link to apply