At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position will be in the department of Medicinal Chemistry and is focused on the development of new organic reaction methods and technologies to enable advancement of ongoing medicinal chemistry projects.
- Develop and optimize reaction parameters and design experiments to understand the scope of tolerability of new chemical transformations.
- Literature evaluation of proposed reaction routes.
- Isolation, purification, and characterization of newly synthesized compounds.
- Participate and contribute during scientific discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Record experiments, results and characterization data in laboratory notebooks in sufficient detail and in a timely fashion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Three years of chemistry (organic chemistry I/II required) course work at the college level, a strong academic record (≥ 3.0 GPA) and at least three semesters of laboratory course work and/or research.
- Self-motivated to learn and contribute, demonstrated examples of independent productivity and team-based interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for science, laboratory work and drug discovery.
- Prior chemistry laboratory experience in the academic setting and/or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click the link to submit your application