At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Join the Discovery Assays team as a Co-Op to learn about biotherapeutic lead identification and screening. Contribute to a dynamic group responsible for using biochemical and cell-based assays to evaluate therapeutic candidates. Help develop and optimize high-throughput biosensor screening technologies used to identify novel binders, and make an impact on our drug discovery pipeline.
- Compare and enhance high-throughput surface plasmon resonance (SPR) instrumentation methods against standard Cytiva Biacore kinetics affinity measurement methods.
- Experiment with different biosensor surfaces and assay conditions to help identify optimal approaches and use cases.
- Discuss and present results to the Discovery Assays team and other forums as available.
Qualifications & Experience
- Motivated undergraduate with a background in science or bioengineering that is eager to learn about biologics discovery and new biosensor technologies.
- Coursework in biochemistry, with in-lab experience is desired.
- An understanding of protein-protein binding interactions is highly desirable.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click the link to begin your application