At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) manages all company spend, bringing critical goods and services from the best suppliers to BMS for the research, manufacture and commercialization of our medicines.
All participants will have a 10-week placement within SS&P. The program is organized to ensure interns gain valuable industry and functional experience, work on challenging assignments, learn about BMS and network across the company. Interns will opportunities to experience what it’s like to be a procurement professional here at BMS.
- Orientation session, includes an overview of company structure, products, and brands
- An introduction to SS&P
- Exposure to the Senior Leadership Team and business leaders
- Developmental feedback and coaching
- Team-building, networking, and social events
- Execute against larger category strategies and work with the guidance of operations and strategic category leaders
- Performs value analysis on costs and supplier quotes
- Recommends process improvements to streamline for efficiencies
- Manages day-to-day supply issues. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Communicates pertinent information to both internal customers and suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
- Supports PO conversion, non-transactional and some negotiations
- Communicate issues to leadership while driving for resolution
- Access technology and tools to effectively perform
- PO change management and communicate trends of changes
- Drive value and lead savings outcomes while collaborating with various functions
Qualifications & Experience
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Performs routine professional-based activities and contribute to and manage some projects. Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify request and obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the purchase.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures
Required/Desired Skills /Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Data driven/Inquisitive Thinker
- Problem Solving
- Strong Communication, written and verbal
- Strong interdisciplinary, influence, and networking skill
Hours per week: 40 hours/ week
- Runs from June 6, 2022- August 12, 2022
Students receive learning experiences and meaningful work that challenge and reward, working on projects that directly align to our company’s mission
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.