Position: Global Supply Chain Co-Op
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Global Supply Chain is a function of the Global Product Development & Supply (GPS) group that serves Bristol-Myers Squibb’s global business units by enhancing the customer experience through delivery of the right product at the right time in the most efficient and effective way. Strategic solutions aimed at optimizing our end-to-end Supply Chain and which align to where our stakeholders and customers are evolving, are critical in ensuring the highest levels of service in what is a rapidly changing environment.
- The candidate chosen for this position will become a valued team member of one of several cross-functional, multi-divisional teams which are responsible for developing and executing Global Supply Chain strategies for Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Current Six-Month Co-op Opportunity: The Co-op Position will be in one of the following areas of Global Supply Chain collocated in New Brunswick and Lawrenceville locations
- Global Logistics
- Global Supply Chain Planning
- Support development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies at global network level or individual SKU level
- Learn, develop and leverage analytics tools to inform and recommend methods for continuous improvement
- Perform demand & supply planning scenario, risk, and sensitivity analyses by brand and portfolio in support of planning and ad-hoc reviews
- Provide project management support to teams
- Monitor and maintain material master data accuracy
- Key Learnings will be based on the position and can include: Lean Six Sigma and Project Management tools (e.g., Value Stream Mapping, RACI, SIPOC), SAP, Rapid Response, Tableau, Product Lifecycle Management, Program Management, Project Management, Communications, Change Management, Supply Chain and Global Manufacturing & Supply operations
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferred enrollment in Master’s, or MBA degree program with minimum GPA 3.0
- Desired backgrounds and/or degrees include: Engineering, Statistics, Data Sciences, Life Sciences, Supply Chain Management
- Must be enrolled in school the semester during the co-op assignment and must be eligible to work full-time on site for 40 hours per week
- Must have strong analytical, project management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be highly organized and have the ability to work in teams in a matrixed environment
- Candidates should possess broad understanding of supply chain, the pharmaceutical industry, business acumen and advanced analytical skills
- Must have the ability to collect, analyze, and integrate information by leveraging appropriate PC/systems technology including Tableau, Excel (expert level), Word, and PowerPoint. Prior technical, engineering, or healthcare work experience a plus
Examples of previous Co-op Projects:
- Global Logistics Services: Control Tower, Networking Modeling, Automation of Metrics Reporting
- Global Supply Chain Planning: Global Network Capacity Planning, Inventory Analysis Dashboard Creation, Spotfire Integration/Optimize Reports
Why You Should Apply
- Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
- Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.