At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This is a six-month position to enhance our hit discovery platform for peptide therapeutics. Ribosomal synthesis of peptides containing non-natural amino acids is achieved by assembling an in vitro translation system from individual components, while replacing the natural tRNA with artificial variants. We wish to expand the scope of our existing platform by incorporating a wider range of amino acids into our libraries, and to evaluate the impact of chemical diversity on the number, and quality of hits generated for a therapeutic project.
- Contribute to the discovery of peptide-based therapeutics as part of the BMS Selection Technologies and Protein Engineering group
- Enhance our peptide display platform by optimizing ribosomal synthesis of peptides containing diverse non-natural amino acids
- Use a modified genetic code to build libraries of over a trillion different peptides
- Apply the new libraries to a generate novel peptide hits for a drug-discovery program
- Present the project summary to the department at the end of term
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of college experience specialized in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related subject
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Prior experience working in a laboratory will be preferred
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click the link to start your application