At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) provides business and strategic-sourcing solutions that deliver total value. We offer a long-term cross-functional view, marketplace intelligence, innovation and strong supplier relationships, while securing goods and services at optimal value for our business partners, the enterprise and the patients we all serve.
We manage all company spend, bringing critical goods and services from the best suppliers to BMS for the research, manufacture and commercialization of our medicines. We do so while ensuring compliance with policies and regulations, and optimizing the end-to-end process. Our flexible, adaptable and agile model allows us to successfully navigate changes in the business and the market.
The SS&P Co-Op will be responsible for operational execution of contracts against the purchasing and supply management strategies. Work intimately with customers, divisions, Procurement Operations, and Category Managers driving the BMS Global Procurement model. Provide high levels of customer service and satisfaction while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. This position will primarily work to support contracting needs of BMS internal stakeholders, with external suppliers. This position also has the opportunity to work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility and specifications in the procurement of goods and services while contributing cost savings, partnerships with suppliers and other value-added activities (such as diversity and inclusion) to support customer needs and expectations. Proactively seek and lead innovative ways to improve the procurement processes, cycle times, and customer service levels. Ideal candidate is interested in both marketing and supply chain disciplines.
· Execute against larger category strategies and work with the guidance of operations and strategic category leaders
· Performs value analysis on costs and supplier quotes
· Recommends process improvements to streamline for efficiencies
· Manages day-to-day supply issues. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Communicates pertinent information to both internal customers and suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
· Supports PO conversion, non-transactional and some negotiations
· Communicate issues to leadership while driving for resolution
· Access technology and tools to effectively perform
· PO change management and communicate trends of changes
· Drive value and lead savings outcomes while collaborating with various functions
Qualifications & Experience
Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category. Seek and support business relationships with diverse suppliers. Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
Exhibit cultural awareness with foreign business entities. Seek, develop, and maintain business relationships with suppliers, clients and customers.
Performs routine professional-based activities and contribute to and manage some projects. Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify request and obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the purchase.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Takes ownership and fulfills goals established by reporting manager
- Drives innovative ways to maintain and improve procurement processes, cycle times, total acquisition costs, and customer service levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures
Required/Desired Skills /Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Data driven/Inquisitive Thinker
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Strong Communication, written and verbal
- Strong interdisciplinary, influence, and networking skill
Hours per week: 40 hours/ week (Remote)
- Typically a 6-month assignment; January to June, or July to December
- Students receive learning experiences and meaningful work that challenge and reward, working on projects that directly align to our company’s mission
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.