Do you know someone who doesn’t like their job because of:
- broken promises 🚩
- toxic coworkers 🚩
- disrespectful managers 🚩
- unfulfilling work 🚩
- unfair pay 🚩
If they’d rater work with kids and are good swimmers – send them our way to
APPLY AS A SWIM INSTRUCTOR!
Here is why our swim instructors enjoy working here:
✅ They feel that their work matters and they see the big difference they make in kids’ lives every day
✅ They feel valued and appreciated as employees, and treated with respect by management
✅ They are fairly compensated for the work they do
✅ They are surrounded by awesome colleagues and kids all day, which make work fun
✅ They can perform their best because they can be their true self in a safe environment
✅ They feel we are like a second family and enjoy coming to work
So what are you waiting for, come be a part of the BSS family – it will be the best decision you can make.
Become a Part-Time Swim Instructor with British Swim School in one of our Northern NJ locations (Jersey City, Clifton, Bayonne, Fort Lee, Secaucus, Harrison, Newark or Jersey City and enjoy your job! Your days will be filled with kids splashing, having fun, and plenty of smiles & laughter. Best of all, your teaching will make a real difference in children’s lives.
This is a position where you can enjoy a company culture connected to your purpose and values. Swim lessons save lives, and British Swim School is on a mission to make the world a safer place.
In addition to this, we pay $16.50/hr, offer PTO, have shifts that fit your schedule, and offer internal advancement, personal development reimbursements and paid birthdays off.
This is not a “job”. This is a calling for people on a mission!
Interested? Here are the details:
Drowning is unfortunately the leading cause of accidental death for children. But since 1981, British Swim School has been on a mission to stop that. We are a nationwide company with over 200 locations teaching more than 20,000 students every week to help save lives!
REQUIREMENTS FOR SWIM INSTRUCTORS
As a swim instructor, you will teach students of all ages in accordance with the British Swim School aquatics program. Even if you are not an expert swim instructor, that’s ok! We can train anyone on how to teach the way we teach, but here is what we do need from you.
- You need to be a “swimmer”. Ideally, you have an understanding of all four strokes and an overall appreciation for the water
- You’ve got to love working with children and seeing them progress
- You need to be upbeat and ready to enjoy having fun at work. Having fun is mandatory!
- This is a year-round indoor position, and we are looking for longer-term employees. This is not a summer job
- Be able to work weekend mornings (Saturday or Sunday or both) from 8:30am-2pm
- Be able to start weekdays at 3:30pm
- You need to be able to reliably commute to our location in Jersey City, Clifton, Bayonne, Fort Lee, Secaucus, Harrison, Newark
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Pay starts at $16.50/hr
- Structured, paid training (including lifeguard certification)
- A position filled with purpose and fun
- A dynamic and rewarding mission-based corporate culture that fits your personality
- Opportunities for internal advancement
- Flexible schedules – shifts are 5- 6 hours; easy to schedule around school or other jobs
- We give you up to 4 weeks PTO per year, plus you get your Birthday off paid. We also have a reimbursement program for personal development training
Check out @britishswimschoolhudsonwf_nj on Instagram to see some of our happy students and your future colleagues at work!
All employees need to be vaccinated and wear masks or shields.