Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Energy Trading Analyst Co-Op – New York, NY
The Energy Trading Analyst Co-op will support various wholesale and retail energy functions within the business. Brookfield Renewable is looking for an individual with strong programming abilities to primarily assist in the development and maintenance of several new and existing tools related to energy market fundamentals and analysis. The Energy Trading Analyst Co-op may also participate in portfolio and trading analysis, price forecasting and physical bid/offer structures to optimize generation production and load, as well as perform monitoring of energy markets and various other analysis and reporting.
The Energy Trading Analyst Co-op will work with and under the guidance of Regional Analysts whose job responsibilities are inclusive of wholesale and retail energy functions. Wholesale functions include the development and optimization of tools across the portfolio of generation assets and the improvement of existing tools for market analysis and programming related to a variety of internal and external tools for market fundamentals.
This co-op will be for the Spring 2020 Semester. Occasional trips to the New York office may be requested pending official state and local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Assist in the development of energy market tools; price forecasting models, product valuation model, portfolio optimization analytics and retail energy analytics.
- Help maintain existing Tableau and Python based tools to track trade data and validate forward pricing, basis and volatility curves.
- Perform analysis on existing and proposed business tools and energy optimization strategies;
- Become familiar with the economics of wholesale power markets and assist in daily analysis related to hedging and optimization strategies across Brookfield’s renewable energy portfolio.
- Assist with the validation of forward pricing, basis, and volatility curves;
- Validate key market assumptions with market data and track project performance. Research and quantify deviations between forecast, budget and actual results.
- Support data aggregation efforts, analysis and strategies to assist in the implementation of approved trading activities across the asset fleet
- Strong team player with solid analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to make decisions involving varied levels of ambiguity;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Well organized and ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative;
- Able to meet multiple objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.
- Familiarity with power systems or wholesale energy markets is a plus
Required Skills and/or Experience
- Pursuit of a Bachelor`s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, information technology, or other related discipline;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel;
- Advanced knowledge of Python and other programming languages.