The Evelyn Kirrane Aquatics Center in Brookline is accepting applications for several Part-time positions. Seeking Swim Instructors and Swim Instructor Aides.
Lead Swim Instructors require a current certification in American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (preferred) and/or experience teaching progressive-level group swim lessons. Minimum age is 16 years old.
Swim Instructor Aides require a current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (or equivalent) and/or experience assisting with group swim lessons. Minimum age is 15 years old.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping your students/participants safe, challenged and actively engaged throughout the lesson
- Follow the curriculum as indicated in a safe and logical progression; deliver all skills noted on Skill Sheets for the lesson/program
- Create a positive learning environment by showing enthusiasm, providing positive feedback and constructive criticism and by encouraging students to keep swimming
- Provide consistency in your lessons by committing to tech your classes for the entire session and providing lesson plans for your substitute if you miss a lesson
- Keep accurate and updated paperwork, including completing skill sheets, attendance records and course certificates.
Pay Range: $14.50-$18.00/hour