Brooklyn Bridge Park is an 85-acre, 1.3-mile public space that stretches along the Brooklyn waterfront. Our mission is to connect people, nature, and the waterfront through inclusive, innovative, and sustainable management and design. Our vision is to contribute to a healthier, more livable city.
Summary of Position
BBP is looking to hire a Capital Projects Intern to assist the Director of Capital Projects & Restoration on a variety of tasks related to the park’s construction. The intern will contribute to ongoing project management, including small construction projects, public outreach, communications regarding in-progress and upcoming construction projects, internal file-keeping, and plan organization. The Capital Projects Intern will assist in the organization of BBP’s project archive and will work on discrete research projects.
Brooklyn Bridge Park seeks a graduate candidate in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design or related fields. We are seeking candidates who possess solid writing skills, research acumen, communications abilities, ability to read design plans, use Adobe Illustrator, and familiarity with construction project management.
· You strive to be inclusive and collaborative. At BBP, we recognize that doing our best work means working together. We have each other’s back – and are helpful, humble, and open.
· You are committed. At BBP, we approach our work with integrity, positivity, and pride. We are committed to the public, the park and each other.
· You are a problem-solver. At BBP, we prioritize learning, evolving, and building creative solutions to ensure the Park remains a leader in sustainable green space for generations to come.
· You value people and the environment. At BBP, respect is important to us. We strive to trust each other, act with good intention, and communicate with openness.
This position is 8am-5pm with a maximum number of 25 hours per week. Paid internship. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Capital Projects Internship”.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is based in our Brooklyn office and remote, in a hybrid capacity. It is expected that the position will be full time in office in the future.
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered BBP employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by BBP.
Brooklyn Bridge Park provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.