· Participate in development projects, by performing research, feasibility study, calculations and other design work using tools such as SolidWorks, costing, prototyping, software programming, testing, and drafting of technical documentation
· Manage manufacturing project(s) from initiation to completion when required
· Participate and/or manage product/process improvement projects by working with manufacturing and VS team members, and other internal stake holders
· Support production by conducting training when needed, participating in trouble shooting and other related activities
· Provide customer technical support, both off-site and on-site when required
· Daily hands-on production troubleshooting and problem resolution.
· Develop and maintain process documentation including bills of material, manufacturing routings, and standard work instructions.
· Create and supervise execution of special instructions for reworking non-conforming material.
· Develop, troubleshoot, and review maintenance of tooling, dies, and fixtures.
· Provide technical support to other business functions as needed.
· Bachelor of Engineering
· 7-9 years engineering experience in a production/manufacturing environment preferred
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: stress analysis, heat transfer and/or thermal dynamics.
· Demonstrated ability to use process improvement tools, such as:
§ Process Mapping and measuring
§ Root cause analysis
§ Statistical process control
§ Expert knowledge of SolidWorks or other solid modelling/CAD software; and drawing standards
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to works independently and under pressure
· Detailed Orientated with the ability to multi-task and self-manage
· Demonstrated communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to deal with complex manufacturing issues.
· Project management experience in engineering field
· Proven experience with OSHA standards, 6S/lean manufacturing and QA standards