Are you looking for a good paying job, flexible hours, and will lots of room to grow?
Building Data Labs is currently seeking to fill the position of Scanning Technician. This is an independent contractor (1099) position to provide 3D laser scanning services in our NY, NJ, CT, and MA service areas using Leica scanners. The Scanning Technician is contracted on a per-project basis to provide scanning services on-site for residential and commercial properties.
Entrepreneurial-minded students living outside of our existing service area are welcome to contact us regarding expansion to new areas. We are working to develop this service into a full-blown franchise and welcome your input to its development.
As Scanning Technician, the ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills in representing Building Data Labs with clients. The candidate will be reliable in performing scanning duties as scheduled with the client and demonstrate upmost responsibility in the use and care of all Building Data Labs scanning equipment. This position allows for a flexible schedule; it is expected the candidate block off specific times per week, including weekends, for us to schedule appointments with clients.
Scanning Technician Duties:
- Conduct scanning site visits with a minimum of 48 hour’s notice
- 3d laser scanning of properties using Leica and Matterport scanners and using scanning best practices
- Process (register and model) results in Autodesk Recap
- Receive scanning instructions and deliver processed scans
- Communicate any scanning or site issues to project manager
- Handle all Building Data Labs equipment with utmost care
- Accurately track and report mileage for reimbursement
Qualification for our ideal candidate:
- Currently in school or have completed an associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in surveying, engineering, construction management, architecture, or closely-related field; or equivalent experience (required)
- Authorized to work in the US (required)
- Must possess a car and valid driver’s license with clean driving record (required, no exceptions)
- Ability to travel anywhere in NY, NJ, CT, and MA on a minimum of 48 hours’ notice (required)
- 1-3 years of experience using Leica scanners (preferred but not required)
- Experience with processing scans in Autodesk Recap (preferred but not required)
- Communication: Candidate must be able to communicate with clients and staff in a professional, effective manner, including communicating about any scanning or processing issues with design team should they arise
- Reliable: Candidate must effectively manage their schedule and perform scanning duties on agreed-upon appointment dates and times
- Responsible: Candidate must handle scanning equipment with care and perform duties using best scanning practices
- Self-motivated: Candidate must be able to work independently and be proactive in communicating with design team for clarification or scanning issues
- Detailed-oriented: Candidate must be able to perform duties and follow instructions with high degree of accuracy
Compensation: $250 per day (up to 8 hours) plus .55 per mile reimbursement