This position is part of the Riverside Indian School, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Teacher (Science) you will be responsible for serving as a classroom teacher in a BIE school on or near the Reservation. The instruction area(s) will normally be specialized subjects in a high school setting.
Open & closing dates: 06/04/2021 to 06/15/2021
Pay scale & grade: CY 11
Salary: $29.43 to $60.08 per hour
Appointment type: Seasonal
Work schedule: Full-time
Location: Anadarko, OK
As a Teacher (Science) CY-1710-11, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Prepare yearly instructional outlines and related daily lesson plans covering relevant units of study and specifying objectives, activities and evaluative methods/instruments for both group and individual instructional programs in a High School setting.
- Teach students by selecting, developing, adapting and implementing appropriate instructional methods and techniques utilizing available resources to provide for academic achievement.
- Continuously evaluate individual and group academic progress through the use of criterion-referenced tests, periodic standardized tests, oral tests, and/or other relevant evaluative methods/instruments.
- Develop and conduct instruction within an environment that provides and promotes opportunities for the students to develop rapport, inter-relationships, self-discipline and a positive self-image.
- Maintain control of assigned class(es) and handle discipline independently except for chronic or extreme behavior problems.
- Supervise assigned students as scheduled, or provide for their supervision, throughout the academic day and/or activity in order to provide for the safety, health, and welfare of the students in compliance with school, Agency, and Area Guidelines.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a background clearance.
- Must be certified by a state’s Department of Education. Emergency, provisional or conditional certificates may be accepted under the conditions they are issued by the State teacher licensure department.
- Must obtain and maintain a Teacher Certification related to the instructional area identified on this announcement.
- Must obtain and maintain valid state driver’s license.
Who May Apply:
- Applicants with Indian Preference
- All U.S. Citizens
Qualifications: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements contained in the approved job category for P.L. 95-561 described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Basic Education Requirement for Pay Level 11-17: Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited education institution, and applicants must also have had at least 24 semester hours (or equivalent) of course work in each of the principal fields of instruction. All professional educators must meet the certification standards for the position in the State where the position is located. Emergency and provisional certificates may be accepted under the conditions they are issued by the State certification authority.
Pay Level Requirements: To qualify for a pay level, you must have completed the degree requirement and if stated the required semester hours at the next level of education from an accredited university in a related field of study.
Pay Level 11 requires a Bachelor’s Degree
Pay Level 12 requires a Bachelor’s Degree and fifteen semester hours towards a Master’s Degree
Pay Level 13 requires a Bachelor’s Degree and thirty semester hours towards a Master’s Degree
Pay Level 14 requires a Master’s Degree
Pay Level 15 requires a Master’s Degree and fifteen semester hours towards a Doctorate
Pay Level 16 requires a Master’s Degree and thirty semester hours towards a Doctorate
Pay Level 17 requires a earned Doctorate
Pay tables for Bureau of Indian Education Title 25 positions can be found at https://www.bie.edu/topic-page/education-pay-table-archives
Basis of Rating: All applicants for this position will be rated and ranked based upon the extent and quality of their experience, training and/or education as reflected in the assessment questionnaire. Applicants will be further evaluated according to the degree to which they possess or have the potential to acquire knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics as listed below. The judgment of qualifications will be based on the material submitted; therefore, it is to the applicant’s advantage to give complete and thorough responses and to present information in a neat and orderly fashion. Qualifications and Indian preference eligibility will be determined on the basis of information submitted.
To meet the education requirements, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Official transcripts are required upon selection.
Education must have been obtained from an accredited or pre-accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.
For further information on creditable education visit: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying with Indian Preference, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
To apply for this position, click on the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603530000
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- Your resume work experience needs to reflect Position Title, Dates of Employment (include month/year), Hours worked per week, Salary, Supervisor’s Name and telephone number, and Duties (please be specific and include any accomplishments).
- If your resume includes a photograph, hypertext/hyperlinks, or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- 2. Other supporting documents:Cover Letter, optional
- You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to:
- For Indian Preference BIA Form 4432 is required and located on the Bureau of Indian Education Website: https://www.bie.edu/topic-page/forms The form must be completed by the appropriate official with the federally-recognized tribe where the applicant is enrolled as a member. No other form will be accepted.
- Indian Children Protection Requirements Form is required and is located on the Bureau of Indian Education Website: https://www.bie.edu/topic-page/forms
- For current employment verification; SF-50, DD-3434 or other federal agencies official “Notification of Personnel Action” equivalent (Note: SF-52 or agencies “Request for Personnel Action” is not acceptable);
- For MSP claims PCS orders and marriage certificate;
- For verification of Veteran status, DD-214 (which indicates character of service), SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
- This position has an individual occupational requirement. You MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. Your transcripts must show the degree awarded, date conferred, and all required courses as required by the position. Please note, this may be shown with multiple transcripts.
Future Military Retirees*: You are required to submit a copy of your retirement DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document** OR a copy of your retirement letter AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
Future Separation from the Military*: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document** OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214(Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
*Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces.
** The “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/15/2021 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- To view the application questionnaire, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11135657
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
- If you are unable to apply online, you must request an alternative application which is available from the Human Resources Office. Please contact Trecil Bearbow at email@example.com or 405-247-4168 to obtain an alternative application.