Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned company, with regional and project offices nationwide. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind — to make our clients successful.
Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for an Underground Transmission Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical leadership for underground transmission design teams on projects ranging from 69kV to 500kVMentoring, coaching, and developing team members
- Independently executing design work with engineering judgment
- Performing quality reviews
- Identify and communicate changes to project scope to engineering lead and project manager
- Providing input and adhering to project schedules
- Understanding project budget
- Identifying and communicating of technical risks associated with projects
- Identifying, developing, and communicating processes and tools to increase efficiency across team and department
- Creating, improving, facilitating and teaching training courses to the project team and department
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and improve the performance of project teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge in standard civil/structural engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Basic computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, BIM (Revit), Civil 3D, PLS, PLS-CADD, RISA-3D, MathCADD), and civil/structural analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.