The Assistant Electrical Engineer will assist project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of projects including power, process, corporate, healthcare, airports, institutional, industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The Assistant Electrical Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting electrical plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
Opportunities as an Assistant Electrical Engineer exist in multiple market segments and locations. Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments and locations. Please see below for information on each market:
Design of high voltage (13,000 to 500,000 volt) electrical substations. Areas of design include substation layout, power system analysis and control/ relay systems for a variety of clients across the country.
- Assists in the electrical design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Assists with modifying and reviewing production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: power plants, process facilities, industrial facilities, healthcare facilities, airports, educational institutions, commercial, and governmental and military facilities.
- Assists in designing electrical components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies basic knowledge of commonly used electrical concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the electrical engineering services industry.
- Assists with research and complies project related data as required by the project managers.
- Assists with correcting and updating drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Assists with client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of power, process, industrial, healthcare, airports, educational institutions, commercial, and governmental and military facilities.
- Assists in performing field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education in a field related to the work done in the department
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the country where this position is located, for the duration of the internship.