Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned company, with regional and project offices nationwide. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind — to make our clients successful.
Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for an assistant Transmission Line Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Design of high voltage (69-500kV) transmission lines using PLS-CADD.
- Preparation of construction documents including plan and profile drawings, structure load diagrams, and foundation drawings.
- Preparation of specifications and project design criteria.
- Providing field support during construction.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients as well as provide technical leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Experience in HVDC is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge in standard civil engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, BIM (Revit), Civil 3D, PLS, PLS-CADD, RISA-3D, MathCADD), and civil analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.