Job Description & Responsibilities
- Complete the C2 Teacher Training Program and additional ongoing training
- Instruct students in a maximum 3:1 student, teacher ratio
- Keep detailed records of tutoring sessions using C2 Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms
- Work closely with the Center Program Director to meet students’ academic goals
- Great Pay
- Meaningful work
- Flexible schedule to fit your lifestyle
- Great first, or anytime, job
- Opportunity to work for a mission-driven company
- Track and analyze student progress
- Tailor lessons to students’ needs
- Perform administrative and team-based activities as needed
Key Competencies/Success Factors
- Patient, understanding, dedicated
- Ability to break down a complex problem into a simple explanation
- It is not enough to know; you must be able to explain
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with students
- Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities successfully
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required.
- AP-level knowledge in at least one or more subjects (English, Humanities, Math, and/or Sciences)
- High SAT or ACT scores preferred. We are looking for teachers who can score at or above the 95 percentile.
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- No teacher certification required.
- No previous teaching or tutoring experience required but candidates must have a passion for education and mentoring students.