Optometrist Statewide Posting Copy
$181.00 – $240.00 per day
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice.
CCHCS is a California State Department dedicated to providing quality medical, dental, and mental health care in all 35 state-owned and operated adult correctional institutions. Here, you’ll find, excellent State of California benefits and a positive work-life balance. We currently have opportunities throughout California for dedicated optometrists, like you.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
· Provide comprehensive eye examinations, utilizing retinoscope, ophthalmometer, Snellen chart, and other aids
· Correct defects through the use of lenses, prisms, or eye exercises without the application of medical or surgical techniques
· Prescribe, fit, and repair glasses
· Instruct ancillary medical staff in techniques and methods
To excel in this position, you must have:
· Two years’ experience in the practice of optometry with current CA licensure in optometry
In return for your efforts, CCHCS also offers all of the security and benefits of employment with the State of California, including:
· Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
· State of California retirement that vests in 5 years – visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas
· Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans (tax defer up to $38,000 – $50,000 per year)
· And much more
Take the first step toward joining one of our outstanding multidisciplinary teams and contact us today!
To apply online, please visit https://cchcs.ca.gov/careers/