Registered Dietitian IP/OP (CHCF)
$64,320 – $82,080 annual salary
Are you passionate about medical nutrition therapy? California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking adept Registered Dietitians, like you, to provide clinical nutritional education and therapeutic diet planning services to the sickest patients in our State correctional system.
In this key position, you will:
· Complete nutritional assessments; interpret prescription diets; develop, monitor, and document nutritional needs and goals; counsel patients regarding nutritional needs
· Plan regular, special, and therapeutic diets; and coordinate dietary intervention strategies
· Assist in selecting in-service/on-the-job training programs and provide effective nutrition training to kitchen staff
· Ensure kitchen maintains compliance with licensure requirements
· Present food and nutrition service issues at assigned committee meetings
Candidates are required to be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Those with proof of eligibility to apply for registration may submit their application but must be registered to be eligible for hire.
In return for your efforts, we offer the stability that comes with State employment and a competitive benefits package, including:
· 40-hour workweek
· Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
· State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
· Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
· CEU stipend with paid time off to attend
· And much more
To apply online, please visit https://cchcs.ca.gov/careers/dietary-careers/.