The Nature Specialist is responsible for ensuring safety, develop curriculum focusing on hands on nature/wilderness projects, supervise nature activities, maintain nature equipment.
- Develop seven-week curriculum focusing on hands on nature/wilderness projects. Activities will be outside and should use the nature path and woods.
- Supervise, participate and administer nature activities for children in grades K-6th grade.
- Plan activities and events that are exciting, challenging and value based.
- Work cooperatively with camp leadership, counselors and other departments.
- Perform specific scheduled assignments, including but not limited to swimming, lunch duty and arrival and/or departure.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed daily of any concerns or problems concerning campers and facilities.
- Be a consistent role model for campers.
- Set up, clean, and organize all nature equipment and nature camp fire site
- Ensure that facility is kept clean and safe, so that children are in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Ensure that campers know and follow safety procedures during camp programs.
- Attend pre-camp staff training.