Essential Job Functions:
- Photograph all campers, activity areas, and events around camp as necessary
- Upload all photos to the online viewing database and crop as necessary.
- Collaborate with the other Photographer to make sure all events will have adequate photographic coverage.
- Take photos of events and special-off camp events and competitions as instructed.
- Care for the cameras and photography equipment.
- Create a staff slideshow that features all staff members multiple times, to be shown, and distributed, at the end of the summer.
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their cabin and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, and respect for diversity, involvement, and empowerment of youth.
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines, as well as role model them.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs.
- Ensure that campers receive their medications as directed by the health care manager.
- Be alert to campers and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss with the camp health manager and/or resident camp director when appropriate.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to maintenance.
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
Other Job Duties:
- Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested
emails, and phone calls with parents
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Able to edit, organize and produce large volumes of high quality photograph’s and or video.
- Able to utilize Adobe Suite (mainly Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Bachelors Degree in Photography/Videography preferred.
- Able to effectively practice time management is required.