We are hiring enthusiastic and mature leaders to work at Camp Manitou for summer 2021.
Staff members at Manitou develop leadership skills for life. You will oversee a specific group of children and teach skills about a sport you love.
- Our camp is a terrific place to build your confidence and presence.
- You’ll work alongside teammates who are eager to collaborate to craft a memorable experience for our campers. Manitou staff members learn how to lead group discussions, practice conflict resolution, and coach kids to grow and build skills.
- In our intentional community, you will make friends who live in locations around the world. Our campers and counselors seek to build positive relationships with people who are empathic, caring and trustworthy. Manitou relationships last a lifetime.
- At Manitou, your office has no desk, no walls and you’ll rarely wear anything more than a t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. You’ll spend your summer at a beautiful Maine camp on the shores of a pristine Belgrade lake.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise campers in a cabin by working with two co-counselors to ensure campers are healthy and safe.
- Work in an activity area where you will teach a primary sport or craft
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Supervise field trips
Manitou counselors are well compensated, and you’ll receive a travel stipend, summer housing, and we cover your meals. During the season, you will have several days off to explore Maine, and New England plus many staff members travel together after the season.
- Applicants should have completed one year of university work by June 2021
- You should be comfortable teaching/coaching a sport or craft you love to boys ages 8-15
- We provide First Aid and Lifeguard certification to all who work at the waterfront. Swim instructors, boat drivers, and waterfront staff should be confident swimmers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.