Camp North Star in Poland Spring, Maine, is hiring Coaches, Teachers and Instructors to teach activities in our Arts, Athletics, Outdoors and Waterfront programs
Camp North Star, a premier co-ed traditional sleep-away camp in Southern Maine, (2 hours outside Boston) ) is looking to hire motivated, enthusiastic and experienced staff for the 2021 camp season. The compensation includes all living and food expenses. This position is ideal for college students, recent college graduates and teachers.
We are seeking staff who have:
- Prior experience working with children, preferably at a summer camp.
- Ability and experience to teach or assist at activities in Arts, Athletics, Outdoors or Waterfront.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a positive role model for our campers.
- Ability to work as part of a team with your fellow counselors and along side our leadership team.
Overview of Position –
Live in a cabin with 1 or 2 other counselors and supervise a group of 8 – 10 campers. During the program day (Monday through Friday) lead activities in one or more departments that include Arts, Athletics, Outdoors and Waterfront.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Live with group of campers and help each camper adjust and grow in relation to other campers and camp life, and monitor daily care and hygiene of cabin group and living space.
- Communicate effectively with children and staff in all areas of the camp operation. Write and follow lesson plans for activities you are assigned to teach.
- Work cooperatively as necessary with all other staff members in planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and expectations of the camp, with special emphasis on safety, health, and mutual respect.
- Guide each individual camper in participation in their group and all camp activities. Assist campers in choosing and scheduling their weekly schedule.
- Assist with all camp program activities and other camp-wide activities as assigned.
- Actively supervise campers and engage in conversation with campers during meals.
- Attend staff meetings regularly and relay information to other staff not present. Contribute as necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Camp North Star offers a competitive salary, room and board, professional development training, weekly laundry, and staff t-shirts.
How to apply
Apply online at https://campnorthstarmaine.com/staff-info/. Questions? Contact us by phone at 207-998-4777.
This past summer in 2020, we were one of the few camps that opened and did it safely while keeping everyone COVID free. We used multiple layers of mitigation including onsite testing, cohorting, and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized daily.