Do you want to spend your summer job working outdoors? Is making a difference in the lives of children important to you? Do you want to meet people from all over the world? What about building your resume while having an amazing time?
Join our camp family this summer for a challenging and rewarding job experience that will give you the skills you need for your future. Make a difference in the lives of our campers, while enjoying our beautiful outdoor facilities and working with people from around the world.
- Build upon the knowledge of your sport and strengthen your coaching skills while applying classroom learning, theories, and experiences in a real world setting.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Manage multiple teams and coordinate games, scrimmages and tournaments
- Understand logistics in tournament play, transportation, programming and coordination within the organization and working with other camps.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As an Athletic Coach, you will be an Activity Specialist in your associated sport or discipline. You will be assigned a mentor, working closely with our Athletic, Program and Tournament Directors on tournament scheduling, coaching strategies, and managing equipment inventory. You will also coach teams of your own and work directly with many department heads in all land and water sports. Interns in the past have kept journals, written essays or made a video documentary about their experience to show future employers (we also have a media staff that can help you create the perfect content for your resume!).
Sports we offer:
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football
- Martial Arts
- Roller / Street Hockey
- Track & Field
- And MORE…
Your primary role will be working with the campers as a counselor, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at camp simply as a counselor, in-and-of-itself, provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility.
There are typically six, 50 minute long activity periods per day; you will be directly involved with the curriculum planning, participant engagement and execution of a successful program related to your sport with various age groups (boys and girls). When you are not at your specialty, you will be with your assigned group as a counselor, ensuring safety, team-building, growth and development in all activities and in life at camp.
Benefits of working at Camp Towanda:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you with future endeavors.
The next step is to fill out our online application and then we will connect to set up an interview over Zoom. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com