Art Director Job Description:
About Camp Zeke:
Spend an incredible summer, working with kids at Camp Zeke! Camp Zeke celebrates joyful Judaism and healthy, active living through whole foods, sports, fitness and culinary arts! We are located on 560 serene acres in Northeastern, PA and have campers ages 7-17. While Camp Zeke is a Jewish camp, our staff come from all different backgrounds
Art Director Responsibilities:
- Create an arts and crafts and ceramics program before camp starts that include the themes of camp values.
- Supervise the staff of the art department and ensure that each person knows what is expected of them as a member of the art team. Provide guidance and create daily schedules for the team.
- Create lists of supplies for craft projects and keep ongoing inventories of stock and reorder forms. You will also create an end-of-season inventory and reorder list for the following summer. Review the list of supplies needed with the program director.
- Keep track of projects that go well and those that are not as well received.
- Encourage creativity and exploration of art.
- Teach daily arts and crafts classes with assistance from qualified Counselors.
- Lead specialty programs including Olympics and evening activities (i.e. banner design).
- Ensure that each cabin creates a cabin sign each session, and then ensure the signs are posted for posterity.
- Assist The theatre department with the creation of background sets and costumes as needed.
The successful employee takes on numerous roles in the camp community, outside of their job description, to make the experience more safe, fun, joyful, and enriching for campers and staff.
Art Director Requirements:
- Qualified applicants for this position should have a strong Arts background
- Qualified applicants should be pursuing or have completed a degree in Art or a related field.
- Have the ability to design and implement an appropriate Arts & Crafts program.
- Must be able to teach artistic/craft skills to campers
- Prior experience in ceramics and safe use of kiln required.
Art Director Perks:
Accommodation includes air-conditioned cabins
Cabins are located on a 560-acre site on private Hickory Lake
Room, board, and a salary are provided.
Take part in an exciting array of staff activities and social events. You will also be able to enjoy our lake, pool, hot tub, gym, sports fields, and more during your time off.