See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the
resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out
where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research,
collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the
resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the
most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good
around the world.
Position: Curriculum Design Intern
Reporting to: Curriculum Design Manager
Schedule: 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to
Location: New York City (due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position may be remote)
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the ability to think and
learn quickly, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and an appreciation for the
activities of the nonprofit sector.
• Exposure to current trends in instructional design, fundraising, and nonprofit management
• Exposure to creative approach to design problems, meetings and brainstorming concepts
• Exposure to the processes and practices of project management for instructional design
Key day-to-day responsibilities
• Creating eLearning courses for our free introductory courses. This work would include:
o Assessing the audience’s needs for each course
o Storyboarding course content
o Drafting quiz questions to assess learning
o Drafting ‘Your turn’ exercises, to prompt learners to apply what is covered in the course to their own work
o Creating short videos to integrate into each course
o Building courses in our Learning Management System (LMS)
• Auditing the videos on the Candid Learning site, to identify which videos we should retire, promote, or update
• Beta testing new and updated curriculum
• Passionate about creating engaging learning content
• Creative approach to design and writing-related tasks
• Good sense of aesthetics
• Professional, positive attitude a must
• Prior experience/internship in writing, video editing, or graphic/web design is a plus
• Portfolio is a plus
• Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
• Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
• Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.