Candid is looking for a long-term Software Engineer with experience building and maintaining modern customer-facing and internal APIs.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
Position: Software Engineer
Reporting to: Software Engineering Manager
Location: New York City or Williamsburg, VA, preferred. Other locations considered.
As a member of the Technology team, this candidate will take part in designing, building, and ensuring the quality and security of Candid’s software.
· Build high quality software solutions that deliver value for customers.
· Develop backend solutions from the database layer to internal and third-party API integration.
· Work closely with Product Owners to understand solution requirements.
· Practice Agile software development.
· Write quality, readable, and maintainable code and documentation.
· Ability to learn quickly, function with limited supervision but ask for help when needed, solve issues, and stay in close communication with functional teams.
· Capable of prioritizing tasks; avoids getting caught up in unimportant details.
· Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and teams.
· Proactive self-starter who is results oriented.
· Flexible and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
· Motivated and self-driven learner.
· Team-focused and proactive attitude.
· Cares about customer outcomes.
· Able to accurately assess and solve problems.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
· College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
· 3+ years’ experience in object-oriented software development using C#, Python, Java, or similar
· Experience writing and maintaining unit tests with a preference for automation.
· Experience using and developing REST Web Services.
· Experience working with Entity Framework, T-SQL, MSSQL, or similar.
· Experience working on large code base and using version control (Git).
Bonus/ Preferred Skills:
· MS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience using NoSQL databases (MongoDb, DynamoDb, etc.).
· Experience developing applications using ASP.NET Core.
· Experience in API design.
· Experience in all parts of the software lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment.
· Experience working with Agile Scrum framework.
· Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud.
· Experience with Docker and Docker containers.
· Knowledge of web security best practices.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.