The Cape May County Library is looking for a motivated and team-oriented Librarian to lead the library’s Adult Events Department. The Adult Events Coordinator will lead the department in developing and maintaining a robust programming schedule that meets the needs of Cape May County’s residents. This position requires a leader that can work well under pressure, engage in “outside the box” problem solving, and has flexibility in their work duties and schedules.
This position works 35 hours per week with a varied schedule, which will include a rotating night and weekend at the Court House Branch in the Children’s Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and schedule adult events at all 8 Cape May County library branches
- Supervise the Adult Events staff, support them in their duties and responsibilities, and delegate tasks and responsibilities as appropriate and necessary
- Troubleshoot problems with presenters, staff, and patrons involving events
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, and tax forms
- Maintain department budget and track expenditures, including purchasing materials for programs as needed
- Continually look for diverse programming, actively seek new presenters, and incorporate public feedback into programming schedule when appropriate
- Prepare reports and statistics for Administration
- Proofread various marketing materials created by department, including posters, calendars, and newspaper ads
- Create and maintain communication with a variety of presenters
- Cultural competence skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of current adult programming trends in public libraries
- Knowledge of Cape May County and the diverse communities within the county
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, particularly in regards to scheduling and program planning
- Lift and carry bags or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Drive a car and hold a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Able to operate projectors and sound systems including microphones
- Able to effectively use multiple social media platforms to promote programs
- Able to move tables, chairs, and other program equipment and support presenters needs during a program, including cleanup during cooking demonstrations
- Able to build and maintain relationships with other departments and branches in the library system, as well as outside government and community organizations, to co-present programs and create awareness of library events
- Able to evaluate effectiveness of programs and their impact on the communities we serve
· Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program required.
· Have or be eligible for a New Jersey Public Librarian’s Certificate.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: $45,500
- 35 hours per week
- Health benefits, including dental, prescription and optical
- New Jersey pension
- 12 vacation days per year (increasing with years worked), 15 sick days per year, 3 personal days per year
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Natalie Niziolek, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16th, 2021.