As an Intern Pharmacist, you will expand your pharmacy background and assist our Pharmacy Operations team with daily workflow responsibilities.
• Assist pharmacists on patient counseling and prescriber outreach as directed by a pharmacist in cases of contraindications, drug interactions, and resolution of third party rejections.
• Manage the transfers of new and existing prescriptions and use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received, and produce prescription labels.
• Work with pharmacists per work instructions, follow workflows and procedures, with knowledge of New Jersey laws and regulations.
• Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient’s profile in accordance with state regulations.
• Master our internal systems: develop full operational knowledge and understanding of the pharmacy and manage internal and external pharmacy operations (including communications with physicians and insurers).
Intern Pharmacist Requirements:
• You must currently be enrolled in Pharmacy School at an accredited university.
• You are available and comfortable working evenings shifts + rotating weekends and a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.