Please note that this opportunity is sponsored by BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY, and not the Career Development Center or Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Please follow all instructions in the posting. Do not apply or RSVP via Handshake. It will not be received by the sponsoring organization. Thank you.
2022 Winter Mini-Semester
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Office of Educational Programs (OEP) seeks applicants for the Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) Mini-Semester Program. Selected students are invited to participate in a five-day in person program (pending approval of onsite programs) developed to introduce participants to BNL’s science.
Please note the 2022 Mini-Semester is being planned to be hosted onsite, however, due to the COVID 19 restrictions, it may be virtual. We will inform all accepted students the manner in which we will conduct the program prior to the start date. Your commitment and flexibility is greatly appreciated.
Housing, Transportation and Food: (Pending approval of onsite programs)
BNL will make housing and travel reservations for accepted candidates. Only lunch will be provided, other meals will the responsibility of the selected students.
2022 Winter Mini-Semester
Date: January 3 – January 7, 2022
Application Deadline: November 19, 2021
Application Link: https://surveys.external.bnl.gov/n/WDTSMiniSemesterApplication.aspx
Program: Will run Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET.
Full time commitment is required.
The program format will include:
• Classroom instruction in scientific computing
• Tours of research facilities
• Interviews with scientists and engineers
• Scientific lectures
• Safety overviews
• Group oral presentations
• Selected students will be introduced to the wide range of research projects conducted at BNL
• Students will understand different pathways to scientific careers
• Students will develop networking opportunities with the BNL scientific community and laboratory administrators
• Selected students into the 2022 Mini-Semester will be required to complete a WDTS DOE
internship application for summer 2022.
• This program is designed for underrepresented minorities in STEM. Underrepresented minorities include Women, Hispanics, African Americans, and Indigenous people
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
• Enrolled full time at their college/university
• Majoring in a STEM discipline
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
The Career Development Center advertises external events and activities in Handshake as they may be of interest to members of our campus community. Sharing information about these events and activities does not indicate sponsorship or endorsement of the activity or event by either the Career Development Center or Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. It is the participant’s responsibility to apply due diligence, exercise caution when participating, and report concerns to email@example.com.