Please note that this opportunity is sponsored by MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, and not the Career Development Center or Rutgers University.
ENGAGE. CATALYZE. RECRUIT. DEVELOP. ADVANCE.
The MIT Summer Research Program (MSRP) seeks to promote the value of graduate education; to improve the research enterprise through increased diversity; and to prepare and recruit the best and brightest for graduate education at MIT.
MIT SCHOOLS & DEPARTMENTS
Departments and labs participate in MSRP based on the admitted applicants’ areas of interest. MIT offers over 35 graduate programs in five schools:
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Engineering
- School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Sloan School of Management
- School of Science
We encourage you to explore MIT’s programs, faculty, and research before you apply to MSRP!
- Supervision by an MIT faculty member and postdoctoral fellow or advanced graduate student
- Individual counseling on academic careers
- Constructive feedback on the need for further undergraduate courses and acquisition of additional laboratory skills
- Opportunity to possibly co-author a scientific paper with the faculty mentor
- Exposure to state of the art research laboratories in MIT departments and interdisciplinary centers
- A weekly stipend
- Round trip travel expenses
- University housing (students are responsible for their food expenses)
- Access to campus facilities (library, athletic, and health facilities)
- Weekly research presentation by MIT faculty
- Weekly seminars on issues directly related to the academic, personal, and professional growth of interns
- Community service day
- Social outings (barbeques, boat cruise, visits to Boston area)
- Preparation of an abstract, research paper, and graduate school statement of purpose
- Poster presentation at the end of the program
Program Dates: June 6 – August 7, 2021*
*Dates are subject to change
Application Opens: November 1, 2020
Application Deadline: January 10, 2021
The Career Development Center advertises external events and activities in Handshake as they may be of interest to members of our campus community. Sharing information about these events and activities does not indicate sponsorship or endorsement of the activity or event by either the Career Development Center or Rutgers University. It is the participant’s responsibility to apply due diligence, exercise caution when participating, and report concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.