Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
As a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis Group, the FP&A Co-Op will be directly involved in providing critical reporting & analysis primarily related to sales, product line margins, freight, and other ad hoc requests. This position provides for business unit level experience with exposure to all functional areas of our Sensitech organization. The responsibilities are laid out in more detail below:
Details of Key Job Requirements:
Sales Performance Measurement
- Gather shipment and order data daily, and update projection of current month sales. Assess the validity of the projection model.
- At each month-end review data submissions from reporting groups to ensure quality of data and then update database. Prepare and distribute reports on sales by region, customer segment and product.
Gross Margin Analysis
- Gather unit volume, revenue and cost data from multiple sources. Update spreadsheets. Review reports to assess quality of information and to identify significant changes in trends and expectations.
- Analysis looks at multiple levels – consolidated and select sub-units.
Freight expense reporting:
- Gather raw data. Assess quality of data, correct as necessary and update database.
- Generate reports, review and report significant findings.
- Provide additional analysis as requested.
- Update tracking reports
- Gather data, update databases, produce reports, identify any significant differences with expectations, and distribute reports.
- Frequency varies from weekly to monthly.
Subject matter: product sales and costs, payroll components, collections from customers, foreign exchange (FX)
- Improve efficiency of reporting processes. Look for opportunities to automate tasks.
- Address ad hoc requests.
- Systems Interact with: HFM SmartView, Epicor, Sales Cube SQL Database
- Software Used Extensively: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player and willing to collaborate with others on projects
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program, majoring in Finance, or related field of study
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred