Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented college student to join our team for the summer of 2022. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience, and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
Responsible for the 3D model creation and release of new Carrier Transicold Container transportation products. Support and release new product development projects and product improvement initiatives from concept stage through production implementation.
- Efficient in 3D mechanical and electrical model creation utilizing CREO version4.0 or greater
- Able to provide detailed 3D model and build 2D drawings on corporate title block.
- General dimension, view layout, tolerancing and GD&T
- Create product BOM (Bill of Materials) and CREO model matrix
- Convert and reformat 3D models created in AutoCAD, SolidWorks to CREO
- Generate new product 3D models in CREO and associated 2D drawings
- Review 2D drawings and 3D models for accuracy and consistency to Carrier drafting standards while in compliance with ASME requirements.
- Generate 3D models of castings, stampings, extrusions, injection molded parts, sheet metal parts and electrical harnesses.
- Generate ECN (Engineering Change Notifications), release and monitor design workflow for data release into the product configuration and change management database system PDM (Windchill)
- Must be able to present product design model objectives to project team members on how the design meets assembly, manufacturing and service standard methodologies.
- Apply GD&T and tolerance in accordance with manufacturing capabilities and product system assembly requirements.
- Generate 3D electrical harness models utilizing CREO pro-cabling tool, that adheres to Carrier standards for safety and lessons learned.
- Perform component and assembly tolerance stack-up analysis and incorporate results into product design.
- Generate 3D model using the CREO application tools for sheet metal, pro-cabling, piping and surfacing.
- Strong technical background to interpret engineering concept scope, while time sensitive to project deadlines.
- Self-motivated problem solver to system design challenges.
- Work with factory team to improve product design and manufacturing process etc.
- 5% travel may be required for customer, manufacturing site and supplier visits.
- 3 to 5+ years of new product design of components and assemblies for manufacturing.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling software (CREO required)
- Familiarity with PLM systems for storage/retrieval of CAD files.
- Strong communicational skills with proven ability to interact with multi-functional team of engineering, design, and manufacturing
- 2 YR Associates Degree (MET, ENS or Engineering equivalent subject area)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees