Carrier has an excellent opportunity at Carrier’s Indianapolis, Indiana gas furnace manufacturing facility. This role provides a great introduction to manufacturing and how the Finance function supports and adds value to the factory. The Associate in this role will be exposed to financial reporting, forecasting, month-end close, account recons and other ad-hoc projects. This position reports directly to the Plant Finance Manager.
– Work with the operations team to forecast budgets for specific plant departments
– Help prepare the monthly forecast package for our review with HQ leadership
– Assist in the preparation of the Plant’s weekly financial report and reporting out to the Plant Manager
– Manage the Plant’s CIP account and work with the factory team to place items in service on the fixed asset ledger
– Report out and monitor scrap activity at the plant and work with operations team to identify and implement corrective actions
– Prepare journal entries at month end focusing on booking inventory activity and accruing factory expenses
– Complete monthly account reconciliations
– Perform Ad-hoc analysis and provide accounting support to plant leadership
– Ensure preparation of financial information is in accordance with GAAP & Sarbanes-Oxley and assist with internal & external audits.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelors in either Finance or Accounting
Specific qualifications for the role include:
– Demonstrated process improvement mindset
– Advanced level Excel skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office applications
– Strong communication skills and the ability to concisely and effectively convey results of analysis both orally and in written format.
– Detail oriented, well organized, and able to manage multiple and conflicting priorities under tight deadlines.
– Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal controls procedures.
OTHER: The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with Carrier’s Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements. Carrier is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.