Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
LenelS2 is a global leader in advanced security systems developing innovative solutions to protect buildings, people, and assets. Incorporating open architecture and third-party interfacing, LenelS2’s enterprise software manages multiple best-in-class systems to provide a single, seamless security solution for customers worldwide, including corporate and government segments.
LenelS2 is a part of Carrier, a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
What are the challenges, and how will you make an impact?
You will be working alongside a strong team creating access control and video surveillance software. You will work with distributed systems, web services, and cutting-edge front-end applications for customers at the enterprise level.
Working with the latest technologies, we are constantly pushing boundaries in the security industry.
We need a robust suite of automated tests for our web services and front-end applications, as well as a thorough analysis of appropriate test cases to run against them.
What will you be doing?
- Designing, developing, and implementing testing for a new set of APIs to distributed services via automated testing methods. The services will be primarily hosted in Windows, use multiple networking protocols, and integrate with legacy client/server applications.
- Designing, developing, and implementing testing for new Web interfaces via automated testing methods.
- Evaluating business requirements and creating positive and negative test cases to comprehensively test those requirements.
- Evaluating and selecting API and Web testing techniques and tools.
- Identifying interdependencies between subsystems and collaborate with peers to plan appropriate integration testing.
- Analyzing and reproducing real-world scenarios in our test environment.
What growth opportunities will you have with us?
You will have an opportunity to develop critical skills needed to enter the workforce after graduating from school and grow in your career to take on future roles such as a senior QA engineer, team lead, or manager through outstanding performance and a mindset for success. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about our product, technology, and industry, which will equip you for other exciting roles that you may aspire to.
What skills must you have?
- You have a strong computer science background to write automation scripts.
What would make us drop everything and pick up the phone to call you?
- Experience creating and executing automated scripts.
- You have knowledge of distributed systems, network structure and security, testing and automation tools, system analysis, and metrics.
- You like to use data to drive decisions.
- You are highly motivated to achieve both business and career goals.
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science or higher degree in a computer-related field.
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees and Co-ops.
The Fire and Security Products group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people, and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff, offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.