Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms.
This rotation assignment is in the Carrier Corporate Headquarters Controller’s department. As a member of the Consolidations and Financial Reporting Group, the FLP associate will be directly involved in the monthly and quarterly consolidation, closing and financial reporting process. This is a challenging rotation which requires a high level of commitment, but which provides exposure to senior level Carrier executives and an opportunity to directly work on high profile deliverables such as the Disclosure Committee Package, SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K and the Carrier Annual Report.
The responsibilities are laid out in more detail below:
- Annually (December – February): Assist in preparation of Annual Report and SEC Form 10-K disclosures and footnotes.
- Annually (April – June): Work with Senior Financial Analysts, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Employee Benefits department on the preparation and audit of Employee Savings Plan Financial Statements (11-K).
- Biannually: Monitor highly inflationary economies.
- Monthly: Participate in month end closing, including the following responsibilities:
- Validate Carrier intra-company account balances, including dividend analysis
- Analyze, prepare, and post Carrier WHQ journal entries
- Account Reconciliations
- Quarterly: Participate in the consolidation of financial information for the Corporation and preparation of internal and external financial results, including:
- Computation of foreign exchange impacts on the Corporation (Income Statement and Balance Sheet)
- Creating and posting journal entries
- Analysis of R&D, SG&A, and Gross Margin accounts
- Preparation of Form 10-Q statements and footnotes, and
- Review of press release, conference call script and Form 10-Q
- Prepare U.S. Government reports (BE-125, and CQ-2)
- Monitor new accounting guidance from FASB, SEC, AICPA, EITF, etc
- Special projects as necessary
The successful candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in either Finance or Accounting
Systems Interact with: Extensive use of HFM, SmartView, eCollect, Workiva and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Training in HFM is available.`
Busiest Times For The Rotation: Year-end and quarter closes (First month of Quarter: January-Mid Feb for annual report, April, July and October).
Additional Information: The FLP will work closely with all members of the Consolidations and SEC Financial Reporting Group
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.