Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
LenelS2 is a global leader in advanced security systems developing innovative solutions to protect buildings, people, and assets. Incorporating open architecture and third-party interfacing, LenelS2’s enterprise software manages multiple best-in-class systems to provide a single, seamless security solution for customers worldwide, including corporate and government segments.
LenelS2 is a part of Carrier, a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems, leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
What are the challenges, and how will you make an impact?
Each day, the engineering team meets some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. Working with the latest technologies, we are constantly pushing boundaries in the security industry.
To maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have an excellent opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data-driven, results-oriented Software Development Engineering Co-op to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
What will you be doing?
The Full Stack Software Development Engineering Co-op is responsible for the creation, enhancement, development, deployment, and maintenance of software solutions that will shape the future of the security industry. Interaction with Quality Assurance, Tech Support, Documentation, Training, and Product Management will be required periodically. Primary responsibilities will be developing new product features for LenelS2’s software security products. The successful candidate will:
- Implement new product features for our security products.
- Participate in the full life cycle of development from specification and design through implementation, documentation, testing, and support.
- Participate in receiving and giving peer software code reviews.
- Partner with Scrum team members on delivering Kanban/Sprint commitments.
What growth opportunities will you have with us?
You will have an opportunity to develop critical skills needed to enter the workforce after graduating from school and grow in your career to take on future roles through outstanding performance and a mindset for success. You will learn more about our product, technology, and industry which will equip you for other exciting roles that you may aspire to.
What skills must you have?
- Experience programming in Java with Spring Framework.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team environment, including a willingness to seek and offer help.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What would make us drop everything and pick up the phone to call you?
- Experience with REST, JSON and/or SQL database.
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Highly motivated, a fast learner who works well both independently and within a team.
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science or higher degree in a computer-related field.
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees and Co-ops.
The Fire and Security Products group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people, and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems. Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff, offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safety equipment and systems.