Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today,
Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
Carrier Transicold & Refrigeration Systems helps improve transport, shipping and stationary temperature control with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated and commercial transport, retail display and food service.
We are seeking candidates to join our Truck/Trailer product development team at Carrier Corporation located in Syracuse, NY for Spring 2022.
Candidates should possess the ability to work hands on in the Lab. Demonstrated proficient computer and analytical experience with engineering development tools such as Matlab and Pro-E. Software background is a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presenting technical information. Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work independently, organized, and able to follow directions well. Knowledge and ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment is essential for success in this position.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player and willing to collaborate with others on projects
- Hands-on experience in multiple engineering applications to include Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded Software/Firmware Programs, Refrigeration Systems and Heat Transfer
- Ability to work side-by-side with subject-matter experts and be involved on project teams
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program, majoring Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred