Carter’s, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews.
The Customer Service Lead (CSL) is responsible for opening/closing the store, covering meals/breaks and ensuring that proper store procedures are followed when store management is not on duty or unavailable on the sales floor. The CSL will supervise all employees during the opening/closing of the store, customer interaction, and limited operational functions in the absence of store management. They are responsible for maintaining the Customer Experience as per Company standard and to support in the efficient expedition of all customer transactions. The CSL consistently abides by Our Values: Act with Integrity, Exceed Expectations, Succeed Together, Inspire Innovation, and Invest in People
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Communicates professionally and effectively in all interactions including the store teams, customers, business partners, and vendors.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with all team members.
- Supports management’s direction of the store.
- Supports, trains, and coaches others to success while Leader on Duty (LOD); redirects employees as necessary.
- Receives feedback with positive intent and makes efforts to take appropriate action on that feedback.
Customer Focus/Drives Results
- Maintains the Company standard of a neat, clean, and organized store.
- Manages the customer experience while effectively performing LOD responsibilities; assumes LOD role when Managers are not on the sales floor
- Promotes customer service by ensuring associates are greeting and assisting customers while sharing company promotions.
- Assists in resolving customer issues and complaints in a timely manner; escalates issues to appropriate Manager as necessary.
- Builds customer loyalty through the Rewarding Moments/PLCC program.
- Maintains outstanding store standards, detailed product knowledge, and all components of delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the management team in integrating an omni-channel experience by being effectively utilizing all company programs/resources available through each channel.
- Supports management team with asset protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Oversees and authorizes all POS related functions including customer/employee returns, exchanges, employee sales, discounts.
- Ensures the proper control of cash/media at the register including of opening registers and counting/closing register drawers.
- Drives operational/LOD compliance through the completion of the following management tasks:
- Opening/closing procedures; based on individual store needs
- Accepting freight
- Taking garbage out
- Completing bag checks
- Completing change orders/cash pick-ups/counting tills
- Covering meals/breaks
- Ensures compliance of Company policy and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum requirement of high school degree or GED. 3 yrs. relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Retail/specialty apparel knowledge and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated customer engagement/supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers, team, and supervisor.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Working knowledge of computer/ technology skills (Outlook, Excel, Web navigation)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include mornings, days/nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Regular work frequency is required to remain an active employee.
- Any availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be approved based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts range from 3-8 hours in length (applicable state laws apply).
- Minimum number of hours not guaranteed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description