Summer 2021 Graduate Fellow
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
The mission of Cause Strategy Partners is to help social good organizations achieve their missions fueled by great leadership, great strategy and, most importantly, great results. We are a purpose-driven enterprise that believes in harnessing the power of business for social good. We are proud to be a Certified B-Corporation, part of a global community of more than 3,000 companies across 60 industries that meet rigorous standards of performance, accountability and transparency, committed to using the power of business to build strong local communities.
Our programs and services are three-fold:
Board Placement: We partner with professional services firms, corporations and foundations to place diverse, talented, trained and supported professionals on nonprofit boards. We do this in two primary ways:
- BoardLead: Our award-winning signature program, BoardLead elevates and transforms leadership in the social good sector by partnering with top companies, professional services firms and foundations to recruit, place, train and support professionals for high-impact board service. BoardLead is an award-winning program.
- Concierge Board Placement: Designed for senior executives at top companies interested in securing a seat on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization, we find strategic board opportunities through a highly-customized, individualized approach.
CSR, Corporate Foundations & HR/Talent Consulting: We provide strategic consulting to corporate social responsibility, corporate foundation, and HR/Talent teams, helping them maximize their business and community impact.
Speaking, Teaching & Thought Leadership: We present on a wide range of topics that focus on board governance, board and CEO leadership, and board effectiveness, as well as other related topics. Our Principal and Founder, Rob Acton, has 25 years of experience founding, leading, scaling and consulting with social good organizations around the country and the globe.
Our client-partners include JPMorgan Chase, PwC, LinkedIn, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Macquarie Group, Mastercard, Burt’s Bees, Adobe, BlackRock, S&P Global, Sidley Austin, Workday, Capital One, The Joyce Foundation, ADA 25 Advancing Leadership, and scores of social good organizations based in 19 cities nationwide.
At Cause Strategy Partners, we are committed to practicing and centering diversity, equity, and inclusion. Institutions are strongest when they fully integrate and engage the breadth of diversity that exists in our communities. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are inseparable from effective governance and leadership. Inclusive practices ensure that we go beyond platitudes and tokenism by giving voice, influence, and power to all who wish to productively engage in service of our mission.
Out of a shared commitment to practice what we preach, we invest our time, talent and treasure in learning about and from our communities, challenging our assumptions and inviting new insights as we champion authentic leadership.
See www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven graduate student to join our summer team. The Graduate Fellow will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners staff, consultants and partners with a special focus on building capacity for CSP’s signature program, BoardLead.
The Graduate Fellow will:
- Support efforts relating to our flagship BoardLead program including:
- Conduct research to support Cause Strategy Partners’ thought leadership, consulting and programmatic initiatives;
- Support the ongoing development of program tools and resources;
- Support BoardLead data management and evaluation efforts;
- Lead analysis of BoardLead’s impact with respect to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals.
- Engage in internal and external consulting assignments to build CSP capacity which could include:
- Manage an internal evaluation process;
- Support technology needs, including CSP’s Google drive, database back-up, technology needs, CRM, and data management; and (2) creating systems and manuals for the future maintenance of these technologies as opportunities arise.
- Support research and development projects of CSP and BoardLead
- Develop new content for BoardLearn, our governance training e-learning platform
- Support external consulting engagements in cooperation with lead consultants and CSP’s Principal
- Support Cause Strategy Partners’ special events and convenings
Please note the following expectations for our internship program:
- Full-time position with a 40-hour per week expectation.
- Commit to the internship duration from Monday, June 7, 2021, through Friday, August 13th, 2021, with 2-3 advance training days.
- The Graduate Fellow will be offered a $7,500 stipend for the 10-week fellowship.
The Graduate Fellow selected to fill this important position will work directly with directors and managers on the Cause Strategy Partners team and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: a great deal of time will be invested in building strong relationships with external stakeholders.
- Technological and design prowess: Fellow must be skilled in building high-impact presentation decks and navigating Excel, in particular.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: as a growing organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Ambitious & flexible: no two days will be the same while we energetically build a social enterprise together.
- Responsible: the Graduate Fellow will take ownership over their responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Business, Social Impact or a similar field with at least one semester of courses remaining after the summer of the graduate fellowship.
- Demonstrated experience in Program/Project Management preferred.
- A passion for community service and the importance of the nonprofit sector to society.
- An understanding and belief in Cause Strategy Partners’ values: Relationships, Excellence, Honesty, Advancement, Creativity, and Delectation.
- Understand and believe in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Intrinsic motivation with the ability to work effectively in a full-time virtual team environment.
We are committed to ensuring that the graduate students who work with us through our fellowship program have a first-class learning experience. Fellows get quality time with senior team members, engage in “meaty” work of real consequence and impact, and manage relationships with business professionals. We work hard and we have a great time doing it.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
As an organization operating virtually, now and for the foreseeable future, we invite applicants without regard to geographic location. Please send an email (with the subject line: “Summer Graduate Fellow Application”) with your resume and detailed cover letter to:
Whitley Richards, Director of BoardLead
Application Deadline: December 20, 2020
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring and promotion.