The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
CPE is seeking dynamic, part-time (up to 15 hours/week) interns with a passion for social justice issues to join our team! Interns will work closely with CPE staff to support our justice, science, field engagement or program management initiatives. CPE’s internship is designed to develop and cultivate interpersonal & professional skills. All interns will work remotely within the United States.
Responsibilities may include: research and writing, content creation, data analytics, community or donor outreach and other duties depending on skill set and interest.
- Superior attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment
- Preference for rising junior or senior with a passion for social justice issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Passionate about social justice issues
Application Submission Guidelines
RESUME & COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.