At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of more than 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The Trustee Chair in Chinese Business and Economics is dedicated to providing thought leadership for the policy community about the dynamics of China’s economy and its implications for industries and other countries. Our work – research, publications, events & outreach – focuses on the overall trajectory of China’s economy, their high-tech innovation drive, and America’s China policy.
The Trustee Chair in Chinese Business and Economics is seeking a part-time paid social media intern who can help implement the program’s social media strategy during the period from January 10, 2022 until May 27, 2022. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, professional, passionate about social media, and has an interest in China’s political economy.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following• Curating the program’s social media accounts.
• Promoting the program’s activities on a regular basis via Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Finding new ways to improve the program’s social media presence and supporting with metrics and analytics compilation.
• Assisting in writing and editing event summaries and other written communication as dictated by program needs.
• Performing a variety of other Trustee Chair related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, education, and experience
• Must be at least a current undergraduate senior. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be able to commit to 20 hours a week.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have social media experience including Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Must have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Physical requirements and work conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply to https://careers.csis.org/ by no later than December 3, 2021. All applicants must submit the following in PDF format
2. Cover letter. Please include a short summary of your previous social media experience, including links to relevant accounts if applicable.
3. School transcript.